Tuesday 7 August 2012

D.I.Y Tassled Beach Cover Up

I bought a long vest dress with a sunset print from River Island recently, thinking it would be nice as a cover-up for my holiday. The only problem was, the length and shapelessness of it made it frumpy and unflattering, and there were odd little flicks sewn in at the hem.
I loved the print so decided I'd buy it anyway and tassle the bottom of it, meaning that it would be the length of a normal dress, with long tassles on the hem. It was in the sale so if it went awfully wrong and looked stupid then it didn't matter too much.
I didn't use a fancy shredder or anything like that..I literally just trimmed the bottom in strips, tied the ends and then cut the hem off.
I'm really pleased with it, and now I can't wait to wear it on holiday!
Outfit planning and packing is taking over the inside of my brain lately..I get really carried away and organised when I go on holiday!









No comments:

Post a Comment