Sunday 15 April 2012

D.I.Y Dip-Dye, Tie-Dye, Studded Denim Shorts

I finished these shorts today, and I can't wait for summer to come so that I can actually wear them.
While I was dyeing the orange and pink ones (pictures will come, they're still a work in progress) it seemed a shame to waste the pink dye as there's so much of it in one packet.
I had an old pair of white shorts that I wasn't sure what to do with, but I decided to dip them in pink, I just tied a few hairbands around sections of the hem to give them a tie-dye effect, then cut and frayed the hem once I'd dyed them.



 I also added studs into one pocket, I bought them from Etsy and they were so easy to do, as you can see from the picture below you just push them through the fabric and bend the spikes down.


I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out! I'm considering offering to do this for people if they have old shorts that they don't know what to do with..but I'm not sure if anyone would pay me to do something that they could do themselves.

Come summer, with tanned legs and a cocktail in one hand, these will  be perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment