Friday 9 March 2012

spring fashion

I'm not going to lie, the appearance of a vaguely warmer week has got me entirely over excited about the prospect of summer, and with that in mind I've got carried away and planned my spring wardrobe!

Rather than just going shopping and trying not to go mad and buy everything I like, this season I'm going to aim to stick to the two main trends that appeal to me.

These are..

SUGAR RUSH (Seen everywhere, full of girly touches, collars and ice cream colours)
I absolutely love this, I think it is so pretty and can look so elegant, as long as you don't go too over the top and cutesy. Louis Vuitton obviously led the pack with this one, but I think the colour combination at 3.1 Phillip Lim of white, lilac and orange was absolutely perfect, and I am definately going to try and find these colours.

So far I've bought:
(Maxi waistcoat - Never Fully Dressed at LFWeekend, Pink coat - Charity shop, Cream dress - Primark, Pink Blazer - Never Fully Dressed at LFWeekend, Yellow blouse - Primark, Turquoise t-shirt - Zara, Mint blouse - Primark, Blue floral shirt - Charity shop, Turquoise checked shirt - Charity shop, and Yellow Satchel - H&M)

I love this satchel, I think yellow is going to be my favourite colour this season! I also can't wait to wear the maxi waistcoat, it was so unusual I couldn't resist it. I'm thinking of pairing it with pale ripped jeans and a white vest.

I'm looking out for more pastel colours so I can start to mix and match!

The other trend I like is inspired by all of the beautiful prints that appeared on the SS12 catwalk show, I like the idea of mashing a lot of really unusual prints together and looking slightly like a...

CRAZY ART TEACHER:

This is a bit of an odd name for a trend I admit but that's what it reminds me of, and I am always drawn towards paint prints that look like they have been splatted on. I am searching desperately for a blouse like this that I saw in LOOK magazine from H&M recently; their customer service deparment was really helpful, but sadly as a trend item it won't be in any of the stores near me, WAA. I'm going to keep my eyes peeled.

So far I have bought:


 (Blouse - Mary Katrantzou for Topshop, Maxi skirt - River Island, Jacket - Twenty8Twelve at LFWeekend, Skirt - Zara)


I still cannot get over my happiness that I got my hands on some Mary Katrantzou for Topshop, she has been my favourite designer from the minute I saw her work and it is without a doubt the most beautiful thing I own. I don't know whether I want to never wear it and just hang it up and stare at it, or wear it every single day of my life.

I can't beleive my first real post was so long! But that's all for now, I'm back to work tomorrow so need to prepare myself for real life! 

2 comments:

  1. jel of your pastels :'( im waiting for pay day so i can add to my collection! hehe

    love that last top too! topshop you say? i tihnk im off hunting now :)

    www.lebellebow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The printed shirt? Yes it's Topshop, the Mary Katrantzou range!
    I'm waiting for pay day to buy even more..I need to control myself. x

    ReplyDelete