Wednesday 13 June 2012

Prism Print Dip Hem Skirt

This is sort of two outfit posts. It's one skirt, but I've worn it twice recently, once to work and once on a night out, so I thought I'd combine them.
I'm not really one for "day to night" clothes, as I think a night out is an opportunity to dress up as much as possible!
However, a couple of weeks ago I got "spotted" on the street and given an invitation to a Fashion Networking event at Boujis nightclub in Chelsea.

Now the event turned out to be a bit of a let down (pitch black club with incredibly loud music put a halt to any networking) but obviously coming up with an outfit was a big deal, and I didn't think my usual choice of a little sparkly dress would cut it. So I went for this beautiful new skirt from Topshop. I went quite daring (and naked) and wore it with a cropped, backless, bra top. Very risky from me and it got a lot of disapproving looks on the tube!


For work I obviously kept it more conservative, and wore a plain black vest. I also ended up adding tights after the pictures below were taken as it was actually pretty cold!




Isn't it always the way that the picture you know you'd have liked goes blurry? I refuse to bow to the limitations of my camera and I'm putting it up anyway!
I'm wearing Skirt, Top and Shoes - Topshop, Necklace - Romwe, Sunglasses - H&M.

Which way of wearing it do you prefer? I can tell I'm going to love wearing it during summer with a vest and sandals, and a cocktail, obviously.


No comments:

Post a Comment